The ‘Maintenance’ of Your WordPress Website
Has Nothing to Do with the ‘Size’ of Your Website
OK, this might come as a surprise to some, but guess what; size has nothing to do with it…! Nothing! You see, hackers really don’t care if your website has 5 or 40 pages or if your website is a high traffic site or not.
Again, size is overrated, and as far as they are concerned, your website is fair game just because it’s out there on the web!
That’s It, That’s All!
So, what are you going to do about it? How Important Is Your Website Security?
- Here are a few excuses I hear quite often; ‘Yeah…I know…But that can’t happen to me, you see my website has been out there for the past 6 years or so, and nothing ever happened, so, no, I don’t need these services”
- Better yet…My cousin has a friend that dabbles with WordPress, and he login’s once a month or so, and take care of whatever updates needs to be done…OOOkay…
- Last but not least: Did you know that a Malware infection not only puts your website content at risk, it can also potentially harm your website’s visitors as well. One virus from your website & you can guarantee that your website will be on the “Do Not Visit List” and for sure, your Google Page Rand will plummet.
3 Steps on How to Easily Maintain Your WordPress Website
Why update your website plugins? Because plugin updates are there for a reason! They may be updating because a better version is offered, updating to be in tune with the latest WordPress Platform update etc. Another thing – If a plugin is not updated, how can you expect it to do its job?
WordPress Platform Updates
When WordPress sends out a Release Note, (notes on an update to the WP Platform), hackers & other malicious parties are made aware of this ‘Release Note’ also. Now, if the update is regarding a fix to a vulnerability in the platform, ‘they’ (the hackers) will go ahead, and exploit the issue. In other words, they will search for WP websites that have not been updated yet and…go for it!
Updates to the WordPress Platform are not always done because of vulnerability. The reason for a version update can also be in relation, to new features and state-of-the-art functionality added to the platform per say.
Don’t You Want the Best for Your Website by Taking Advantage of These Free Updates?
Did your computer ever crash? Did you have a backup set up…External Drive, Online backup etc.? Did you think, this only happens to others and will never happen to you? Well, guess what! The same ‘thinking’ applies to your website. Web sites DO crash, and if you don’t have a backup…Well, good luck.
Don’t Compromise on the Bottom Line, Protect Your Online Business Now!
- Why do you need my services and what do I offer?
- I will verify that your login info is adequately protected, and if needed, make the necessary changes to protect your website.
- On my first visit, I will also verify that the proper security/scan & backup plugins are installed. If they are not, I will go ahead and install them.
Monthly WordPress Maintenance Plan – How Much Does it Cost for Peace of Mind?
- Remove unused plugins
- Website backup (files & database)
- Scan your website for Malware & broken links
- Update plugins to their latest version (as needed)
- Weekly detailed (PDF) report of Maintenance activity
- WordPress database optimization & performance check
- Weekly removal of Spam comments & excess post revisions
- Update of the WordPress Platform & Theme to the latest version (as needed)
- Cost: $75.00 + taxes, billed & paid in advance on the first of every month.
If you have more than one (1) WordPress Website, do not hesitate to contact me for a discounted price.