Be Bold & Say It as It Is…
Your Website Is Stuck Somewhere in the 90’s!
- The only people that can find you on the web, are the ones that KNOW your website address. When your business name is entered into the Google search bar, your website shows up on page 20…if it does…
- Your website developer has totally taken over, and the simplest updates take weeks to get done.
- Branding…Your website is a colorful patchwork from multiple designers. No style, no direction, just… there.
- You never understood what is going on with your website and you are at a point where you really don’t care!
What Is WordPress?
‘WordPress, one of the most successful Website/Blogging platforms, was first released on May 27, 2003, and is a free Open Source blogging tool and Content Management System (CMS). WordPress is used by over 14.7% of Alexa Internet’s “top 1 million” websites. WordPress is currently the most popular CMS system in use on the Web, powering over 60 million websites worldwide.’
I could go on and on with this Geeky description, but I think you get my jest. WordPress rocks as a website platform and yes, the platform is free!
6 Excellent Reasons on the Benefits of Using WordPress
– Control of your website: No need to wait for your web designer to make simple updates to your site. With WordPress, you have control of your site and can easily update yourself. (I will even teach you how to do this!)
– The design of your website is 100% customizable: The look and feel of your website are 100% customized to your specs. Your brand will shine through and marketing your Online Presence will become a breeze!
– Your Blog is built in & ready to go: Since WordPress was originally created as a blogging platform, blogging capabilities are built-in and are easy to integrate if desired. Adding a blog to your website will help to extend your company’s reach and make your site more dynamic and interactive.
– Your website will grow as your business grows: WordPress websites are very scalable. You can add as many web pages or blog post as you wish, and the performance of your website will not be compromised in the least.
– Extend the functionality of your website with plugins: Want to add a video gallery, Event calendar, Facebook fan box, Twitter Feed and more to your site? Besides being an excellent Content Management System (CMS), WordPress offers thousands of free plugins (created by a community of developers) that can add a variety of features and functionality to your website!
– Last but not least. Even if you’re not ready to host a blog on your website, your present website can be converted to WordPress and it will maintain its current look-and-feel while adding useful features such as Social Media Integration and Search Engine optimization (SEO).
Useful Info on How to Add Value to Your Bottom Line
Your WordPress Website conversion is based on the number of web pages/content and blog posts (if any) to transfer + the design type your choose for your new website. An estimate will be given at our first meeting.
- Installation of the WP Platform to your hosting account. (I will verify with your host provider to make sure that your hosting plan can accommodate WP).
- Research & installation of a WP Theme suitable to your business needs.
- Customization of theme & internal style sheets.
- Customize/create website Header re: Slider Pictures, taglines etc.
- Website sidebar customization re: install up to 6 plugins that are applicable to your business needs.
- Optimize/tag/format & install your pictures.
- Set up the Contact form with email spam protection.
- Install “must have” WordPress SEO plugin into your website.
- Creation of 2 emails accounts.
- Set up of internal website/blog settings.
- Configure Permalinks to generate Search Engine Friendly URLs.
- Social Media integration: Connect your WP website to your Social Media accounts (if applicable).
- Category/tag strategy – Plugin installation.
- Transfer of Blog posts & pictures. (Amount to be determined during first meeting/Estimate)
Google Webmaster Tools installation
- Creation & integration of a Google Sitemap Generator to facilitate content indexing by major search engines.
- Google Analytics tracking code installed on your website so that you can track visitor statistics. (Google account required)
Email Marketing (if applicable)
- Build your email list: Add Opt-In form to Sidebar (Call to Action web form linked to an Email Marketing program, such as Aweber, Constant Contact, 1st Shopping Cart etc.) Note: You must have an Email Marketing account already set-up. If an account must be created, additional charges will apply.
- I highly recommend BlueHost.com as a hosting provider.
- You must provide your own pictures and logo. An extra fee will be charged for picture(s) research.
- Support Hours: Includes dedicated time for project communication & meeting. (Amount to be determined during our first meeting/Estimate)