Are you a Business Owner, and suffer from the I Have To Do It All By Myself Syndrome?
Do you think the word Virtual Assistant applies only to Siri?
Do your palms get sweaty when you read the word Delegate or Outsource? Do you stay up late at night, red-eyed, tired and confused on the next step to take?
Are you up at the break of dawn, shuffling papers, reorganizing your ‘To-do’s’ and still feel like nothing gets done?
If you have all the above symptoms, then it’s confirmed…
You have the ‘Do It All By Myself Condition’ or ‘Superhero Syndrome’ for short.
That’s not good, not good at all. I’ve heard about this condition, in fact, I‘ve worked with people that were in this situation. In addition, it’s downright worrisome and I would even say, troublesome and sometimes just plain irritating… (That last one is for another post)
I mean look, there are only so many hours per day. So how are you going to fix this? What is the cure, what is the treatment I cry out!
Maybe we should ask and see if the ‘Boss Upstairs’ could add more hours in a day? UMM, now, that’s an interesting one. I wonder if it could be done. That would be something to remember for sure!
But I digress. More hours in a day sounds like fun, but until it’s authorized, legislated and decreed… There are still only 24 hours in a day, and some of them like it or not, are cashed in for that thing called SLEEP.
Looks like we are back to square one, NO? I mean, somehow you manage don’t you? You do make it happen day in and day out…How about your cape, did you leave that one at the cleaners, or do you pick it up without fail every morning?
So, back to the everyday grind, drudgery, and your very serious condition…
Good news! Can it be fixed? Yes, it can!
Halleluiah for this Virtual Assistant…
Yes, roll of the drums…What is the cure? Well, after close to 10 years of intensive research, late nights and hardworking over the weekends, I found it! Yes, I found the remedy, and I am here with a solution that will fix it all.
Yes, I know that’s not a word you like, but you know what? It works! In fact, it’s magical. This is true; I saw it with my own eyes…just yesterday as a matter of fact! Right there in my inbox, an email addressed to my attention. Somebody had decided to move forward and be cured!
So, what was the email about? Well, I don’t know if this should be put out in the public…It can be downright touchy sometimes…Darn, Darn, Darn and Chucks. OK, I’ll tell you what it was all about. I do care you know, yes I do!
So, here goes.
This email wanted to know more about the Virtual Assistance ‘business’. Yep. They wanted to know what I could do to help them. In fact, they were new to the industry, and they also wanted a list of all the different services a Virtual Assistant offers.
Well, that’s no small feat if you want my point of view, but then hey, I have been in business almost 10 years, so yes, I did have a few things to say. Now, this list is in no way complete or shown in any particular order. Not at all. However, it does give you a pretty good idea of the different services that are offered.
So here goes again…
- Email Management/Filtering
- Helping you with your Email Marketing – Set up the template, Marketing Autoresponders, (Aweber, Mailchimp, Infusionsoft, and more)
- Following up with clients/customers / Booking appointments. (thank you & other reminder emails)
- Online Calendar Management with email follow up
- File Management (organizing files using Dropbox, Google docs etc.)
- Database building (eg. updating email or contact lists on your CRM)
- Research on topics for your latest blogposts, articles, newsletters or others
- Travel arrangements – Hotel and Flight Booking
- Transcription (transcribing voicemail, video or audio, podcasts etc.)
- Taking down minutes of meetings
- Creating basic reports (reports on weekly tasks, deliverables, sales)
- Preparing Slideshows (Powerpoint Presentations)
- Liaison between you and other team members as an OBM
- Recruitment (source for other team members like writers or graphic artists)
- Set-up and manage your Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ to name a few)
- Manage your WordPress Blog (Tags, SEO, correct content, add pictures etc.)
- Filter and reply to comments on your blog
- Content & Blog Post Creation. Press Release and Newsletter content creation.
- Answering support tickets (with the use of Zendesk)
- Bookkeeping – QuickBooks online
- Real Estate , Authors Book promo
- WordPress website creation and development
- Audio / Video Editor
- SEO / WordPress Website Developer
- Graphic / Web Designer
- OK, I miss the 101 mark, but you get my drift…
So, does it all make sense? Did you find a few jobs in there that you could delegate (I know that infamous word again!). It’s not that bad.
Once you get going, it’s amazing how fast the treatment takes effect.
I mean, it’s almost a miracle.
Again, I have seen it with my own eyes. It’s that fast, like, inside a few weeks and voila, most patients are on their way to a full recovery.
And guess what, they smile. Yes, beautiful, confident smiles. Even better, their business picked up.
Yes, it did. You know why?
They now had time to take care of it, as it should be. Time for a real meeting, time for thinking, time for reading that last report. Time to spend with their family. A trip to the park, throw the ball in the back yard, bicycle with your daughter…You know, all those family things…
That’s what happens when you delegate. All of a sudden, you have something call time. All of a sudden, you can breathe.Try it, you may like it!
Try it, you may like it!
Oh, and the cape? They still pick it up every morning at the cleaner.